4.04.2006

A Zappa Dream

zappa

So, last night I dreamt that I was hanging out in a vacation rental cabin living room with Frank Zappa and family. Frank and I had had a long conversation a few months before at my dad's college class reunion (he and my dad didn't have much to say to each other, but we hit it off), that's how I got invited along for the weekend.

There were a bunch of Zappa daughters my age and it took me a long time for us to warm up to each other - which was silly, since they had grown up with my college roomate Miriam. There was much interpersonal family reunion drama and at one point I went outside and sat on the porch railing to get away from the intensity. Frank was friendly throughout and tried to include me for the day with the other grown kids.

There was a meal of carrotty vegan soup shared with the mom-figure and one of the daughters(the soup was either the cause or the effect of roomate Miriam being included in the dream). As the day wound down and everyone was getting ready to travel off in different directions, I helped someone with a local map figure out the way to the bus station; we were either in Longview, Washington trying to get to downtown Portland, or in Longmont, Colorado trying to get to Denver -- I wasn't sure even in the dream.

The dream may have started here.

If I had one of those fancy blog filing system, this entry would be filed under "who cares?"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?